Monday, January 30, 2012

My Biggest Passion

So I have always had a dream of being "just a stay-at-home mom." Early in our marriage it was necessary for me to help our family financially so my husband could finish his Bachelors degree. I was lucky enough to have a job that allowed me to come as close to this dream as possible. I was a medical transcriptionist for 10 years and when my kids were all in school I began substitute teaching, which I love, but my true passion is taking care of my family. I absolutely LOVE taking care of my family and our home. Over the last few weeks I have just been in heaven with things that most people would consider dreadful. I cleaned all the blinds upstairs, washed curtains, wiped cupboards and drawers and cleaned out my closet. I love vacuuming, dusting, folding laundry, mowing the lawn in the summer, cooking, and making things to make our home comfortable and beautiful. There is absolute joy in this for me. I think I would have fit in really well in the 50's wearing an apron and greeting my husband at the door each day when he gets home from work! I have my mom to thank because she set such a great example for me. She also had a job that allowed her to work at home. She had a hair salon in our basement. She taught me how to iron, mend, cook and clean and always did it well and with love. Thanks Mom!

No comments: