Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinterest Is Taking Over My World




So, like many of you, I spend time each day on pinterest. What an amazing idea that site was. I found myself "trapped" at home today and went a little crazy (not from being at home...I loved that part). We have been a one car family since October when our Altima was t-boned by a street sweeper in our neighborhood. Since then Bruce has been lucky to find people to carpool with to work, but today he needed to take the car. I went crazy by trying three recipes from pinterest today. First were the Glazed Donut Muffins (see previous post). They were a big hit. Then, later in the day I decided it would be nice to have an afterschool snack for my two girls. They always seem to be hungry when they get home. I made homemade pretzels (all-things-delicious.blogspot.com) and they were amazing. They were so similar to the pretzels you can get at the mall. The girls gobbled them up. Kenzie starts indoor soccer tonight, so all the carbs she ate today between the muffins and the pretzels will have her all carb loaded and ready to go. As for me, I made sure to do Wii Fit and Just Dance for Wii to burn mine off. For dinner I tried Mini Chicken Pot Pies (between3sisters.com). They are made in a muffin tin and turned out bubbly and golden brown. This worked much better than the way I have done pot pie in the past (where the biscuits are placed on top and are still a little doughy). It was a hit as well. Rather than reposting the recipe, I just made sure to include the site they are located at.

No comments: