Friday, March 16, 2012

Baking my troubles away



I have never had success baking bread. I have tried several different recipes and it never turns out. I recently saw this recipe on Pinterest, so I recently tried making it. WOW! It was so easy. Mix everything in one bowl, let rise, divide into four bread pans, rise again and pure deliciousness. Today I was having an extremely stressful day. My husband has been in San Francisco on business all week and I have felt like a single mother. Between high school registration, soccer practice, soccer game, gymnastics, doctors appointment, and church activities I have really been running. To top it off, our 20-year-old had car trouble and his car was towed so I was STRESSED. I decided I needed to bake some more bread. I had an amazing neighbor who helped me alot this week and wanted to thank her, so I got baking again. My stress just started melting away and I felt relaxed and calm.
English Muffin Bread
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packets of rapid rise yeast
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour
Mix altogether in a large bowl and let rise until double in size then spoon into four well greased bread pans. Let rise again until it is even with the top of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes watching until it is golden brown. Brush immediately with melted butter. Bread will be moist at first. Let it cool before cutting it.
Recipe source: onegoodthingbyjillee.com

No comments: