Thursday, February 17, 2011

Missionary connection

So yesterday I signed up on a website for missionary moms hoping to get advice, have questions answered, get fun package ideas, and just chat with other missionary moms. Well this morning something exciting happened! I got an e-mail from Tanner's companions mom! Her name is Cidney Donahoo and she lives in Las Vegas, NV. Not only do I get to chat with missionary moms, but now I get to know the family of Tanner's companion and share their experiences together. We already have something in common. She is a literacy specialist at a school in Las Vegas. Last year my job was working in the Reading Room under the direction of the literacy specialist at the girls' school. Tanner is doing great. His first area is Yakima, Washington. He lives in an apartment and walks, which is the opposite of most missionaries in his mission. Most live with members and drive a car. He lives with three other missionaries in the apartment, so I'm sure along with studying and teaching the gospel they probably have their fair share of fun. We have yet to receive pictures, but they should be coming soon and I will post some. The blessing of having a missionary in our lives has been amazing. His mission has helped our family be more committed to living the gospel.

No comments: